- Depending on the scholar’s appointment, they may be eligible for a bus pass at a subsidized rate from Transportation Services. Bus passes through Transportation Services may take up to 2 weeks to arrive, and cannot be applied for until the first day of the appointment.
- If the scholar is not eligible to receive a bus pass through the university, a 31-day pass or a 10-ride pass can be purchased at any of the vendors listed here, or online through Metro Transit.
- For more information on planning your route and looking for schedules visit: https://www.cityofmadison.com/metro/routes-schedules.
- For helpful tips on how to ride Madison buses visit: https://www.cityofmadison.com/metro/how-to-ride.
- Depending on the scholar’s appointment, reimbursement for travel through a ride-share service may be reimbursable by following the Long-Distance Ground and Local Transportation Policy.
- The scholar will have to pay out of pocket, and be reimbursed later. For assistance in setting up a reimbursement account for non-employees, visit https://businessservices.wisc.edu/documents/318-payment-for-services-and-travel-and-expense-reimbursement-for-non-employees/.