Abstract submission and registration is now open for the Global Conference on Sandy Soils that will be held at the University of Wisconsin-Madison on May 31 – June 4, 2020. The conference will focus on all aspects of sandy soils including its properties, distribution, and management. There will be oral and poster sessions, a one-day field trip to the Central Sands Plain of Wisconsin, and ample sessions for discussion.
Abstracts: https://sandysoils.org/submitting-an-abstract/ (closing date March 31, 2020)
Registration: https://sandysoils.org/registration/ (closing date April 15, 2020)
Registration fee is $400 (including book of abstracts, morning coffee, lunches and afternoon drinks). The one-day field trip costs $75. We will travel to a research station and farms in the Central Sands Plains of Wisconsin, and visit the Devil’s Lake State Park in Baraboo. the conference dinner is $75 and will be held at the Memorial Union.
The conference will focus on the following topics:
- Sandy soils- distribution and formation
- Soil water repellency crust and compaction
- Runoff erosion and groundwater management
- Monitoring mapping and management of salinization
- Nutrient management
- Carbon sequestration and soil health
- Management and remediation of contaminants
- Soil water conservation and biodiversity
- Soil security on sandy soils
More information see: https://sandysoils.org/