Skip to content
SHIP (Student Health Insurance Program)
- All J-1 scholars and visa dependents are required to have UW–Madison approved health insurance coverage.
- If the visa was sponsored by UW-Madison, the scholar is eligible for SHIP.
- To enroll, visit the SHIP office at 333 East Campus Mall, 7th floor, between 9 am and 5 pm, Monday through Friday. Payment is accepted by VISA, MasterCard, Discover, check, or exact cash. Full payment is required upon your enrollment.
- You can also contact the SHIP office by phone or email if you want to determine the exact SHIP premium in advance.
For visitors that are ineligible for SHIP
- If the visitor’s visa was not sponsored by UW-Madison, contact UW Risk Management for information on health insurance options.
- CALS Global can help find other options for health insurance. Contact us at email@example.com.