Skip to content
Calculating per-diem allowance
- Meals and Incidentals Policy
- When determining the cost to host the visiting scholar, make sure to use the Per Diem Allowance Calculator from Business Services.
- All meals and hotel rates should follow the pricing for Madison during the time of stay.
- First & last day per diems are reduced by 25%, and any meals provided to the traveler by UW or conferences will reduce the day by 50% for dinner, 30% for lunch, and 20% for breakfast.
- The M&IE per diem allowance includes an amount to cover otherwise non-reimbursable costs (e.g. personal phone calls, laundry, hotel maid tips, porterage tips, bottled water).
- Travelers will not receive additional reimbursement for these items.