Skip to content
Have you gained an understanding of the region and country where the research will be conducted?
- Research your destination
- Work space, storage space and housing
- Technical troubleshooting support
- Technology and supplies for project, office and daily personal needs
- Access to water for drinking and bathing
- Access to electricity and/or a generator
- Location of safe and reliable ground transportation
- Closest international airport
- Closest city and services (e.g., post office, hospital and supermarket)
- Contact CALS researchers with experience in the area.
- Connect with regional centers: African Studies Program / Center for East Asian Studies / European Studies / International Studies Major / Latin American, Caribbean, and Iberian Studies Program / Middle East Studies Program / Center for Russia, East Europe, and Central Asia / Center for South Asia / Center for Southeast Asian Studies
- Go to https://global.cals.wisc.edu/travel-resources/ and follow the “Before you leave” checklist, which covers key areas such as travel policies, visa requirements, health consultations and more.